Who doesn’t love the berries of Summer? I know that I do. So here is an easy triple berry cake that combines all the berry flavors into one delicious Summer treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on my link and buy something, I will earn a small commission from the advertiser at no additional cost to you. Need more info? Here is my affiliate policy you can read.
Let’s face it, dessert is one of the favorites of any celebration. There are so many dessert recipes you can choose from. Today, I am sharing a favorite for all those Summer picnics, gatherings, and parties. Actually, this triple berry cake is great for a “just because” occasion. So let’s get to the recipe.
Tools Needed To Make The Triple Berry Cake
Here are some of the kitchen tools you will need to make this recipe:
- 9×13 baking dish
- Hand mixer
- Pastry bag and small pastry tip
- Small rounded-end of a kitchen tool to poke holes in the cake
Ingredient List For This Dessert Recipe
This recipe is made with box cake mix, however, if you have an amazing cake recipe from scratch, feel free to use that. Just skip the cake mix and associated items below, and continue on.
- 2 boxes of yellow cake mix
- 2 C water
- 1 C canola oil
- 6 eggs
- Strawberry Jelly
- 2 Cool Whip tubs
- Blackberries and strawberries chopped for topping
- Raspberries and blueberries for topping
Baking Instructions For The Triple Berry Cake
This is another one of those easy dessert recipes to make. And one that you can use to get your kids involved in the kitchen.
To Make The Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your 9×13 baking pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer; mix the cake mix, water, canola oil and eggs together until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish .
- Bake for 28-35 minutes; or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Use any utensil with a rounded end to poke holes in the cake. Make each hole at a different depth.
- Set aside to cool down.
While The Cake Is Cooling
While your cake is cooling, take the time to chop up the berries into different sizes and set aside. Take your pastry bag and fill it with the strawberry jelly and pipe the jelly into each of the holes.
Place the cake in the fridge for 5 minutes (That way when you begin to
frost the cake your jam won’t smear!!).
To Finish The Triple Berry Summer Cake
Now, to finish you cake, simply Frost the top with the cool whip until cake is covered.
Top off the cake with your berries, then cut up and serve. YUM!
See how easy this cake is to make? And the light flavors will be a hit for any Summer party that you are invited to.