It may be dark and cold outside, but it doesn’t stop me from dreaming about our favorite trip to Wildwood, NJ. You can combine sun, fun, food, and family in one amazing trip. Today I am sharing how traveling with extended family deepens those vacation memories!
Traveling with Extended Family Deepens Vacation Memories:
We have been going here since my oldest was 6 months old. Since he is now 19, well, it’s been a long time. And of all the vacations we have been on, it’s the one that we look forward to the most! (Even more than our trip to Universal Studios or our anniversary trip to Jamaica).
One of the most special parts of our Wildwood trip is the fact that we travel with my IL’s. Now, before you say anything, I enjoy spending time with my in-laws. After all, if it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t have my best friend in the whole world! But it is so much more than that! During family dinners, we will random call out “where are we eating?” and everyone knows what that person is talking about. That is definitely one of the reasons why traveling with extended family is so important.
Benefits of traveling with extended family:
- They deserve to have fun too! My in-laws are hard workers, always have been. They give without thought of anything in return. So they deserve to have fun and relax as well. When we travel as a family, they get to do just that. It is very heartwarming to see my FIL kicking up his heels and enjoying his Kohr’s Brothers ice cream.
- It gives you a break. Our kids are older now, but when they were younger, my IL’s would take the kids for a while so we could relax a bit on our own. We never really did a whole lot, but it was nice to be able to stroll back instead of rushing. See, definitely one of the benefits of traveling with extended family.
- You can try really amazing things together. We had so much fun playing at a new miniature golf course when we were on vacation last year. There is nothing like trying out something new with the ones you love most. And, of course, you can’t go on Summer vacation without visiting a waterpark Our true favorite is walking the Wildwoods Boardwalk and playing games at our favorite prize casinos!
- You can make amazing memories just planning, then make even more memories once vacation actually gets there. One of our favorite things to joke about before vacation gets here is all the places we are going to eat. One of us could be having a really lousy day, and all they need to stay is “stuffed french toast”. Saying that phrase, and suddenly things aren’t as crazy as I thought. It makes things SO worthwhile!
So would you consider traveling with extended family? The only time when we don’t is when my husband and I take our couples trip to Sandals Resorts.
TRAVEL ITEMS YOU WILL FIND USEFUL(affiliate links):
- Preparing Your Car For YOur Next Road Trip
- Hogsmeade At Universal Studios
- How To Pack A Carry-On For A Weekend Getaway
- 5 Family Friendly Beaches To Visit In Cape Cod