Looking for something fun to do this weekend? Take a trip to the Lehigh Valley with your family. You will certainly find some great attractions the entire family will enjoy. Easy to get to from Philadelphia, New York City and New Jersey, the Lehigh Valley has something to offer for the young and (maybe) not-so-young at heart.
Let me start by saying that I have lived in the Lehigh Valley my entire life. I have seen our area grow for 1 or 2 attractions to all of the ones featured in this post. While most of them are geared towards family fun, all of them can become a wonderful date night with your spouse.
Fun Things To Do In The Lehigh Valley:
- Coca-Cola Park. For the baseball fans in your family, you can’t beat a day at the Iron Pigs. Parking is great (and it is usually just around $3), and the food is fantastic. You can get a look at the baby Phils while enjoying great food. There isn’t a bad seat in the place, and there is a fun area for the kids.
- The new PP&L Center. Love hockey? The Lehigh Valley Phantoms’ new arena is the place to be. Great seats, great views, and awesome food. There is a Chickie & Pete’s inside the arena, and Tony Luke’s is just a few steps away before you come in. Our family loves Flyers hockey, so having an arena just 9 minutes from our house is fantastic.
- The Crayola Factory. This is one of the best attractions in the area. So much fun for kids and adults too. Get there early, as it gets crowded very quickly.
- Da Vinci Science Center. So much to see and do for kids of all ages and one of the best places to have a school field trip, as well. The staff is great with the kids, the place is always immaculate, and it is very hands-on.
- Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom. I love having an amusement park practically in our backyard. As long-time season pass holders, Dorney has been part of our summer agenda for a long time. If you are going for the water park, get there early and get in line. The sooner you can grab some chairs, the more enjoyable your day will be. Be prepared for big crowds, long lines, and expensive food. I wouldn’t miss it for the world!
- Steel Ice Center. If you like to ice skate, make sure you arrange to be at an open skate session. It is reasonably priced, only 5 minutes from the Sands Outlets, and located right across the street from where they shot part of the second Transformers movie.
- The Great Allentown Fair. Held in the last week of August/beginning of September, this is the best example of a country fair. Crazy rides, farm animals, and the best greasy food around. Make sure you grab an ice cream from The Ritz Ice Cream Parlor and have a cheesesteak from Vince’s. Love your music? Then be sure to check out the concert line-up.
- Grim’s Family Farms. From apple picking to corn mazes, this place is the best around. It is great for a family outing or a group trip, and the homemade treats are an extra bonus.
- Bear Creek Mountain Resort. For those that like their winter sports, this is definitely a great place to go. From skiing to snowboarding, you will find your favorite winter sport. And for the Moms, the spa area is just a bonus.
- Dutch Springs. Another fun water park that is off the beaten path. Get there early, as it tends to fill up fast. It is close to shopping and good food, too.
- Lehigh Valley Grand Prix. For families that love their adrenaline, this is the place for you! I love that it is indoors so you can enjoy it all year round.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo. Zoos are my favorite, and this zoo is no exception. It is not a big place so it is great to combine with another activity.
So these are just a few of the fun things you can do with your kids in the Lehigh Valley. I have lived here all my life, and I am still finding great things to do with the entire family. So grab your suitcase and your camera, and come see what the Lehigh Valley has to offer.
OTHER POSTS YOU WILL LIKE:
- Passport Sundays With Jennifer
- Preparing Your Car For Your Next Road Trip
- Packing Tips With Teen Boys
- The Jerk Shack At Sandals Resorts