One of our favorite things to do each Summer is head to our favorite beach destination, and have an amazing time. Our most anticipated part is staying at our favorite small beach motel. We have been going there for many years and the staff are like family.
Our oldest son was 6 months old when we started staying at the Le Voyageur Motel. Over the course of almost 21 years, we have come to love this place, and often called it our second home. Normally we stayed in this sweet house.
But, things never stay the same forever, and this house was torn down to make room for a new hotel expansion. Even with the expansion, this small beach motel remains as quaint and personal as it always has been. I can’t wait to come back this year. Only a few more weeks to wait!
The Benefits Of Staying At A Small Beach Motel
It goes without saying that most of the reasons are simple, which is why we prefer this small beach motel. You may have more flexibility with room availability with a larger hotel, but you lose a lot when you are a room number rather than a name.
- The staff knows your name. As I said earlier, we have been going to this small beach motel for many years. There has only been a few times where we couldn’t because of our work schedules, and it definitely wasn’t the same. It is nice to be greeted like family.
- It can be more budget-friendly. As many of us well know, some of the larger chain hotels near a beach location can be very expensive. Because small beach motels have less rooms, the costs of running them are lower. The motel owners can pass these savings onto their guests, which is what brings people back each year.
- There tends to be less of a party atmosphere. Smaller beach motels tend to take pride in keeping their establishments family-friendly, which lowers the chance of wild gatherings late in the night. They generally have set quiet hours, which makes it perfect for relaxing. This is one of the reasons why we love the Le Voyageur Motel so much.
- Location. Location. Location. Everyone always talks about location, and the closest to the beach are the most expensive. Unless you are looking at a small beach motel. Tucked in, they are often the most convenient to everything around. The place we stay at is only 1 1/2 blocks from the Boardwalk, close to food and shopping, and is definitely in a prime location.
- Everything is in close proximity. With a small beach motel, you don’t have to wander aimlessly up and down hallways to find the ice and vending machines. The front desk is no more than a short walk away. The pool is close enough that you don’t even need sandals to walk there.
- You can fully relax knowing everything is taken care of. The other motels we stayed at didn’t have the pride of ownership, the level of service, or the attention to safety. One of these hotels told us not to use the top lock because it didn’t work properly. Uh, are you kidding?
So those are just a few of the great reasons why a small beach motel should be your accommodation of choice. Personal service, convenience, and attention to details and safety are why we will always stay in one when we visit our favorite Summer destination.
OTHER VACATION POSTS YOU WILL LOVE:
- What Everyone Needs To Know About The Belize Lobster Festival
- Extremely Easy Portable Road Trip Binder
- Easy Essentials Bag For A Night On The Boardwalk
- Making Your Home Energy-Efficient When Traveling
MY FAVORITE BEACH VACATION ESSENTIALS:
- Cabana Striped Beach Towel
- Sun Bum SPF 70 Sunscreen
- Portable Beach Umbrella With Sand Anchor
- Rio Beach Lace-Up Suspension Folding Backpack Beach Chair
So now that you have heard about all these great benefits, will you be booking your next beach vacation at a small beach motel?