During the Fall and Winter, when it gets dark so early, I generally am not motivated to spend time in the kitchen. This is why we love this recipe for slow cooker shredded chipotle chicken. Hands-off, delicious, and can be served in so many ways.
I love that there isn’t much you need to make this recipe, and some you may already have in your pantry. In a few short moments, you will have your ingredients in the slow cooker and can do other things while it is cooking. You know, like Fall cleaning or laundry.
Ingredients For The Slow Cooker Shredded Chipotle Chicken
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Salsa in your choice of style
- One can black beans, drained
- One can diced tomatoes and green chilies(undrained)
- 2 packs slow cooker chipotle chicken flavor packets
- Small bag frozen corn(not pictured)
- Sour cream(not pictured)
- Optional: Tortilla shells, rice, or pasta of your choice
Directions To Make The Shredded Chipotle Chicken
This recipe is simple to make, and you don’t need fancy cooking skills.
Step 1: Place the boneless chicken breasts in your crockpot. I trim off as much fat as I can, but leave a little for some flavor.
Open slow cooker chipotle seasoning and rub over chicken breasts.
Add can of tomatoes and green chilies on top. Don’t drain the can, as the juices help enhance the flavor.
Open the can of black beans & drain them, place on top.
Empty the frozen corn on top of the beans.
Lastly, open the jar of salsa and pour on top of the rest of the ingredients.
Cover with the lid, and cook on high for 5-6 hours, or low on 7-8 hours. I personally prefer to make it on low, as it really seals in the flavor and the juices, and makes it easy to shred!
How Can I Serve The Chipotle Chicken?
Once the chicken is cooked, carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker, and place in a large bowl. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken as finely as possible.
Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker, stir, and let in the slow cooker for another 10 minutes.
You can serve it in so many ways. Some suggestions are rice, pasta, even biscuits. As for us, we prefer tortillas. My husband turns his into a burrito, but I prefer making mine into a salad. I simply place some of the mixture on a tortilla, add some sour cream, and cut it up and enjoy.
There you go. Simple, easy, and so flavorful.
- Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 jar salsa, undrained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- Small bag frozen corn
- 2 packs slow cooker chipotle chicken spice
- Sour cream(optional)
- Tortilla, rice, or pasta(serving preference)
- Place boneless chicken in slow cooker.
- Add chipotle spice on chicken and rub onto chicken.
- Pour tomatoes & chilies on top.
- Add beans on top.
- Empty bag of corn on top of beans.
- Cover corn with the salsa.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook.
To serve: remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Place shredded chicken back into the crockpot and stir. Let warm for 5-10 minutes. Serve over a tortilla, rice, or your favorite pasta.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 459mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g
These values are a general amount. Please consult a registered dietician for exact nutritional values.
The Best Tools To Make This Recipe
Here are some great tools to help you make this recipe. These are my affiliate links for Amazon, and a small portion of your purchase price is returned to me. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Other Slow Cooker Recipes For Your Menu Plan
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks
- Simple Slow Cooker Sausage Sandwiches
- 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Soup