Ever since my husband and I went to Jamaica in 2017 for our vow renewal, I have been bitten by the travel bug….hard. Mostly because our international travel adventures involves just my husband and myself. Last year, we were able to travel back to Jamaica for a quick 3-day trip to Jamaica as part of a hosted visit. It was a short resort stay, and we made the most of it. Today I will share a few tips with you how you can make the most of a short resort stay without making yourself crazy.
This year, we have a longer trip to the Bahamas, so I don’t have to rush to get everything in. In October, there is a blog conference I am hoping to attend. I love how Social Media on the Sand, which is held at Beaches Turks and Caicos, is the perfect way to blend work with family travel(and time for couples too). I am keeping fingers & toes crossed to get an invite this year, so I can improve my social media skills. But it is a short resort stay, so I would definitely need to do a lot of planning. So here are some of the things I have learned.
Easy Tips For Making The Most Of A Short Resort Stay:
- Planning is everything! As I mentioned earlier, when I was at a press trip for Sandals Resorts, it was a 3-night trip. So as soon as I found out we were going, I started doing all my research. First, of course, was to order a destination guide book. For this particular trip, it was Lonely Planet Jamaica. Then I made lists and lists and more lists.
- Lower Your Expectations. By that, I mean, don’t expect to be able to do everything that you want to do. By doing your research ahead of time, you can figure out what excursions or activities are must-do’s, and work from there. For us, because it was a working trip, we didn’t have time to plan an off-resort excursion. It was good in a way, because we spent time enjoying the resort. On our last evening, we got to experience the Beach Party and evening entertainment. It was a lot of fun, and it was a low-key way to be together without being on the run.
- Just Take It All In!! In all the excitement, just take a moment to stand there with your eyes closed. Listen to the sounds, feel the excitement, enjoy the smells. Then take a look around, and take it ALL in. Look at the beauty of where you are, take in the colors of the buildings or water or sunsets, enjoy being with your favorite person, whoever it may be.
I can’t even tell you how lucky I felt to be invited on that trip and blessed that I had a husband that helped make it happen. I still remember, almost a year later, the excitement I felt about heading back to Jamaica AND a Sandals Resort.
So there are my best tips for making the most out of a short resort stay. While we would all love an extended amount of time on our vacations, a quick trip is what the budget allows. So with these great tips, you will be able to maximize your fun in a short amount of time.
ESSENTIALS FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP:
OTHER POSTS YOU WILL ENJOY:
- Why Sandals Montego Bay Resort Should Make Your Travel Itinerary
- 4 Amazing Reasons To Visit The Sandals Royal Caribbean In Jamaica
- Experiencing The Benefits Of Club Sandals At Sandals Resorts
- Leave Jamaica In Style With The Club Mobay Departure Lounge
How would you make the most of a short resort stay?