For most families, a trip to Disney World is the ultimate vacation goal. Unfortunately, many families may think that a dream vacation to Disney is not in their budget. Yes, there are plenty of ways to spend thousands of dollars on a week’s vacation in this family playground spectacular, but for savvy trip planners, there are also many ways to save. Today I am sharing easy ways to save money on your Disney Vacation.
A budget trip to Disney World still has that same magic, but you’ll feel a lot better about it after coming back. Here are some easy ways to save money on your trip.
Easy Ways To Save Money On Your Disney Vacation:
- Time Your Trip Right. The next thing to decide is when your family is going to schedule their trip. Recently, Disney unveiled new plans to adjust their ticket and hotel pricing to reflect higher prices during the busiest times of the year, like summer school break and holidays. For travelers who don’t have a lot of flexibility when they go, this can be frustrating. If your family can adjust and time your trip during a quieter time, you’ll pay much less.
- Get Pantry Items Delivered. Then, you’ve got to worry about the price of your family’s daily meals in the parks. Eating breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in a theme park could cost a fortune, so plan ahead to rake in on the savings. Stock up on pantry items, and have them delivered to your condo rental ahead of time.Make sure you get plenty of snack items and quick breakfast ingredients so you don’t have to eat everything in the park. Disney allows guests to bring in food to the park, so take advantage of this fact and keep your hard-earned dollars.
- Rent Vacation Club Points. Staying on Disney property is something that your kids will love, but your wallet may not be able to handle. Guests that stay within the confines of the park get extra Disney magic 24 hours a day. Instead of booking a pricey, small hotel room through Disney’s official website, consider going through a Disney Vacation Club member and renting timeshare points. You can save thousands of dollars and get an upgrade on your stay with a roomy condo rental instead of a cramped hotel room.
- Drive Instead of Fly. Another big piece of your vacation budget is the flight to Orlando. For larger families, airfare can average in the thousands. A great way to cut this cost is to consider driving down to Disney. It could be a great road trip and bonding experience for you and your family. And it also gives you a chance to study your Disney guidebooks. Or in my case, sleep. Driving also gives you the luxury of bringing food and other items that can save money on your Disney vacation. I don’t know about you, but that works well for me!
- Look for Discount Tickets. Finally, families should also look for ways to save money on Disney park tickets. Finding discount tickets can be tricky, so be sure wherever you purchase your ticket from is a legitimate seller. Some places to look for savings include automobile associations, club warehouses, or travel agents.You can make your family trip to Disney World finally happen this year if you follow these easy money-saving tips. By finding ways to save money on your Disney vacation, you and your family could enjoy the wonder without breaking the bank.
So now that I have shared some easy ways to save money on your Disney vacation, how about you? What are your best tried and true tips for having a magical vacation without breaking your budget? If you could change one thing from a previous trip, what would it be? For me, it would be spending more time packing the essentials and less time cooking at home.