One of my favorite things about Summer is heading out on our annual vacation to Wildwood NJ. I am so grateful that even though my boys are almost in their 20s, they still look forward to going each year. Trust me, this Mom is going to hold onto that as long as they will let me. But traveling with teens boys can be taxing, especially when it comes to packing. Here are a few packing tips when traveling with teen boys.
If it was up to them, I would just pack their stuff and be done with it. But hey, they are almost adults and they need to learn to do it themselves, right? One of my goals is to teach them to do it the right way, and sharing my favorite vacation essentials is the first step.
Packing Tips When Traveling With Teen Boys:
- Start early! This tip seems a little bit easy. But trust me, you really need to, especially with boys. Why? Because packing is similar to torture for them.
- Lower your expectations. By this, I mean lower your expectations when it comes to perfectly matched clothing. Boys have no need for clothing to match. In fact, consider it a victory if the clothes are clean!
- Pack extras! If your boys are anything like mine, then they have the potential to be super messy. Or sweaty. Most likely both! Having extra clothes with you will be one thing you won’t regret, especially if you are headed for a sit-down dinner. Using packing cubes can make packing extras so much easier!
- Make a list, and have them check-it…a whole bunch of times. One thing I have learned is lists are your best friends when packing. It’s no different with boys. If they see it, they will pack it.
- Bring a green garbage bag for dirty clothes. It is a great way to keep the stinky vacation clothes contained. If you are driving home, you will save your nose as well.
So those are just a few of my favorite packing tips when it comes to teen boys. It is always a learning process as to what works the best. Each teen is different, and each one has a different experience. All I know is that I wouldn’t want to do any packing for a teen girl. It is hard enough for me!
OTHER POSTS YOU WILL LIKE:
- How To Track Expenses On Your Family Vacation
- Easy Ways To Save Money On Your Disney Vacation
- The National Mustard Museum
- The Jerk Shack At Sandals Resorts