Packing for vacation doesn’t have to be a scary experience. Well, at least it shouldn’t be. I love going on vacation, but packing is not my favorite thing to do. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed that I am going to forget something that I often freeze up. But then, I go back to my best packing tips for vacation and it gets better. So here are a few of those tips that I hope you find useful.
I will start out with my favorite tip of all time: have a list, check it twice, and then check it a few times more. I found that if I physically write things down, I am less likely to forget it. And, always start with my favorite vacation essentials.
The Best Packing Tips For Vacation To Have A Stress-Free Trip:
- Don’t panic. It may seem very overwhelming, especially if you will be on a longer trip. We were gone for 10 days and I was absolutely panicked. But then I remembered how I packed hubby for a 5 day business trip to China with 6 hours notice, and I realized that if I could do that, I can pack for anything. Packing for a vacation doesn’t have to be something you dread doing. It seems like there is so much to do, but with the help of the next tip, you will have everything under control.
- Make a list for each family member. I keep separate lists for each person, so that I can check things off as I pack them. It is also easy to see what you have too much of or what you need to go out and buy. I also try to pack things as outfits, which will make the packing for vacation much faster.I make lists for what electronics gear we are taking with, along with chargers, cords, and cases. I have two boys that are obsessed with their video game systems, and keeping track of all that stuff can be hard. I have all my camera equipment to keep track of. It really came in handy. My husband is also a gadget man, so I have to make sure he has his phone cord, Ipod cord, and the laptop and charger as well.
- Plan for 3 extra outfits for each person. No matter how careful you are with your lists, you still may come out short. So I pack extras for accidents and the you-never-know factor. Even the adults can have accidents that require a clean set of clothes. I always pack an outfit for cold weather, even if the weather forecast says 80 degrees. A collapsible laundry hamper for each person is an easy way to keep the laundry contained. If you don’t have any of those, green garbage bags work just as well.
- Try to have a bag for each person. When we go to Wildwood, we stay at a motel that has a house. Because drawer space is limited, we leave some stuff in the suitcases, and it is easier to figure out which stuff belongs to each person. You could actually take this a step further by having a different color suitcase for each person. Also, make sure each bag is labeled inside and out. I buy the luggage tags in pairs(each set in a different color), I put one on the outside, and attach one on the inside, usually inside a pocket so that someone who is trying to take your luggage wouldn’t think to look there. One of my other packing tips for vacation is to use packing cubes. They are the best thing ever!
- Lastly, have fun. I cannot stress that enough. I know that there is a lot to do before hand, and you may seem overwhelmed. Vacations are supposed to be for relaxing, and you shouldn’t be stressed about getting ready for it. Start making your lists 30 days before you are scheduled to go. Pack things ahead of time that you won’t need before vacation.Start preparing a first aid kit. Check that your umbrellas are in good working condition. These are all things that can be done ahead of time, in a short amount of time. Packing for vacation should be the most exciting thing because it means that your vacation is here!
OTHER POSTS YOU WILL LIKE:
- Preparing Your Car For Your Next Road Trip
- Club Mobay Departure Lounge
- Mt. Olympus Resorts In Wisconsin
- Save Money On Your Disney Vacation