If you were to walk into our house right now, you would notice that we happen to love Star Wars. From clothes to shoes to collectibles, you will find something in most rooms. Today is a fun holiday for all Star Wars fans, and I am sharing a recipe for Minnie Mouse Star Wars inspired cupcakes to enjoy throughout the day.
Let’s face it, I enjoy any occasion that gives you a reason to make a dessert recipe. Food and family fun goes hand in hand, and when you combine it with an awesome holiday, you will have a celebration that is worthy of a galaxy far, far away.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on my link and buy something, I will earn a small commission from the advertiser at no additional cost to you. Need more info? Here is my affiliate policy you can read.
What Is May The 4th Be With You?
May the Fourth be with you is the catchphrase of Star Wars Day on May 4th, the unofficial holiday celebrating the Star Wars franchise. It is a pun on a famous line from Star Wars, May the Force be with you.
How Did May The 4th Be With You Begin?
Star Wars Day, May 4, celebrates George Lucas’ Star Wars. The date was chosen for the pun on the catchphrase “May the Force be with you” as “May the Fourth be with you”.
Even though the holiday was not created or declared by Lucasfilm, many Star Wars fans across the world have chosen to celebrate the holiday
Let’s Make The Minnie Mouse Star Wars Themed Cupcakes
So now that you know a bit about this fun holiday, why not enjoy it with some fun recipes? Here are some totally cute and extremely tasty cupcakes to get you started. After all, who wouldn’t love Minnie Mouse Star Wars themed snacks to celebrate the day.
Important Tips About The Cupcakes
- The fondant recipe makes 22 bows and they need to dry overnight
- Each batch of batter makes 22 cupcakes
Ingredients For The Fondant Ears & Bows
- 2 package of black fondant
- 1 Wilton fondant bow mold
- 1 mini circle fondant cutter
- 1 edible black marker
- Wilton Color spray Brown
How To Make The Fondant Ears For The Cupcakes
- Sprinkle some powder sugar onto a cutting board.
- Roll out the white fondant into 1/4 inch thickness and cut out 48 circles for the ears.
- Lay flat on baking trays, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to dry overnight.
To Make The Minnie Mouse Star Wars Bows
- Powder your hands with powder sugar and mold the white fondant into a ball.
- Pinch off 1 teaspoon size ball of fondant.
- Press each ball into the larger bow size mold, cover, and allow to dry overnight.
Ingredients For The Minnie Mouse Star Wars Cupcakes
- 1 box of Triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C whole milk
Additional Tools For The Cupcakes
- Cupcake liners
- Cupcake pan
- Small ice cream scoop
To Make The Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with the cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, butter, milk and stir until combined.
- Scoop batter with ice cream scoop to fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
- Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
This step in the recipe is great for teaching kids about baking in the kitchen. They will be so proud of their part in making this wonderful recipe.
What You Need To Make The Icing For The Minnie Mouse Star Wars Cupcakes
This is also my favorite part of baking things. You know, once the icing ready, I get the fun of licking the beaters clean. Just remember to take them out of the mixer before attempting to enjoy the spoils.
Ingredients For The Icing
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 1 C cocoa powder
- 5-7 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large piping bag with large star tip
How To Make The Icing
Another one of those “hey I can’t screw this up recipes” that I love.
- Using a standing mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and mix on medium speed until combined and smooth.
- Let icing sit for a few moments in the fridge.
- Scoop frosting into the piping bag.
To Assemble The Minnie Mouse Star Wars Cupcakes
This is also another great step to get kids(or your favorite adult Star Wars fan) to help in the kitchen. But, make sure everyone understands there is no sneaking of the ingredients to make the finished cupcakes.
Step #1: Using the black edible marker, draw out a spiral circle on the white fondant circles
Step #2: Using the brown spray, spray entire fondant circle brown and let dry for 1 hour
Step #3: Frost the cooled cupcakes
Step #4: Place a white bow in the middle of the cupcakes
Step #5: Place two ears on the sides of the cupcakes
That’s it! You now have the perfect treat that is pretty as well as delicious. So grab a glass of milk, some Minnie Mouse Star Wars cupcakes, and snuggle up on the couch with your family and enjoy the day watching all the movies!
More Star Wars Desserts You HAVE To Make
- Easy Galaxy Popcorn
- Baby Yoda Oreo Cookies
- Death By Chocolate Star Wars Hot Chocolate
- Star Wars Homemade Gummies
- Star Wars Chewbacca Freakshake
- Rise of Skywalker Inspired Shake
- Star Wars Darth Vader Double Chocolate Cocoa Recipe
- Baby Yoda Snacks