It will soon be my wedding anniversary. I can’t believe how fast the time has gone since we first said “I Do”. My husband and I have been through so much together. Now, I will say it has not been all sunshine and roses. After all, nothing is perfect. But there is no one else I would want by my side during those crazy times. So today I decide to share ways to make your wedding anniversary unforgettable.
But let me say, you can do this without spending a fortune. In fact, my celebration for our anniversary is dinner for me and hubby. At a restaurant. Nothing too elaborate. You can easily do that, even with short notice. But if you don’t have time or don’t have a budget for it, don’t worry, I have some ideas for you as well.
Make Your Wedding Anniversary Unforgettable On A Larger Budget:
- Take a trip somewhere. For our 20th wedding anniversary, we decided to head back to the resort where we spent our honeymoon. While we were there, we renewed our vows! I can’t even tell you how special and amazing it was. In fact, you can read about our vow renewal and decided if you want to plan one for yourself!
- Plan a home improvement project. You can update your master bedroom, add on to your kitchen, even add or update your deck! Whatever you decide, you can plan it together. A few years ago we decided to redo our deck, and we had such a good time doing it. While it wasn’t specifically for our anniversary, it was great being together. Nothing says romance like strolling through the aisles of our local home improvement store.
- Purchase a new vehicle. If your current vehicle is getting less reliable, maybe it’s time to think about getting a new(or new to you) mode of transportation. That would definitely make your wedding anniversary unforgettable. My SUV is coming to the end of its lease, so I am thinking that will be something we need to do shortly. Since our wedding anniversary is this week, it is something we can definitely do.
- Have an elaborate party with family and friends. If you have the means, have a blowout party. It will be like a second wedding reception! Just remember to tell the attendees that they don’t need to bring you gifts. If they insist, well, enjoy. One of the alternatives to gifts is to have them donate to a charity that is important to both of you. Or save money towards another trip.
Make Your Wedding Anniversary Unforgettable On A Small Budget:
- Go out to dinner and a movie. It is amazing how nice it is to head to a restaurant(without the kids) and have uninterrupted time together to just talk. Or give googly eyes to each other or sneak in a few kisses. It doesn’t have to be a fine dining experience. Just going out for ice cream will do. Everytime I say that, my kids just roll their eyes.
- Play miniature golf or go bowling. When my husband and I were dating, we would do this pretty frequently. Guess what? It is just as fun when you have been married for a long time too. If it wasn’t so far to drive, we would definitely hit up the Starlux Mini Golf in Wildwood NJ. They have 3 awesome courses that are a lot of fun!
- Go shopping together for some new clothes. My husband is probably one of the only guys out there that enjoys shopping for clothes. One of our favorite things to shop for together is shoes. Well, in my case, sneakers. I am definitely not a heel girl! So some nights we hop in the car and head to our favorite store. It is fun to see what’s out there and help each other decide on something new.
- Buy a new piece of jewelry to symbolize the occasion. 2 years ago, my band on my engagement ring broke. So, for our 20th anniversary, hubby had it reset in a new band. I absolutely love it! With the matching wedding band, they are the perfect symbols of a new phase in our marriage. Love enduring, love always.
Make Your Wedding Anniversary Unforgettable On No Budget:
- Plan a picnic at home. Grab a blanket, your favorite meal from the grocery store, and sit outside and have a picnic. If you use disposable dishes, there is no cleaning up to do! Sharing food together without interruptions is amazing. You don’t need to spend much, but the result is priceless.
- Find a friend or babysitter willing to watch your kids for free. Take a walk, take a nap, go to the outdoor mall and just stroll around. Hold hands, put your arms around each other, and just take in the scenery. See things through new and mature eyes.
- Snuggle on the couch with a good movie. Pop in a DVD, or pull up something in your Netflix queue. Or just watch a sporting event on TV. No money necessary. Our first real date together was to a hockey game, so sports has a special place in our hearts.
- Do absolutely nothing. Take a nap. Together. Simple as that. With us, though, it would involve sharing the bed with the cats because, well, it is *their* bed. Ha ha!
As you can see, there are many ways you can make your wedding anniversary unforgettable no matter where you are or what you can afford. Don’t get upset if you can’t do something elaborate. All that really matters is that you and your spouse are together. Enjoy one another, celebrate your triumphs, and learn from your not-so-stellar moments.
And in our case, plan another trip!
OTHER POSTS YOU WILL ENJOY:
- The Jerk Shack At Sandals Resorts
- Pamper Yourself In An Over-The-Water Butler Bungalow At Sandals South Coast
- Experiencing The Benefits Of Club Sandals At Sandals Resorts
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Kensington Cove Honeymoon Beachfront Club Level Room