It is so hard to believe that the end of Summer is almost here. It seems like it just started, and now I am busy finding Labor Day picnic recipes. As much as I adore picnics, I really wish I was back at Sandals Resorts with my husband.
But in any case, our fun in the sun is over, and it is time to get back into planning and preparing for the end of Summer.
When I was younger, I used to go up to the mountains with my family to our cabin for holiday picnics. Riding around on 4-wheelers, jumping in mud puddles, and being chased by older cousins with creepy crawlies, it was all party of the holiday.
And, of course, all the food. Most of our holiday recipes disappeared with passing family members, so I have none of them to share here. Instead, I gathered 24 of the best Labor Day picnic recipes I could find, and put them all together for you.
What You Will Find In This Post:
Main Dish Labor Day Picnic Recipes:
- BBQ Bacon Burger by It Is A Keeper. What can I say? BBQ, Bacon, Burger. Your basic B’s combined for the perfect Labor Day Picnic main meal.
- Honey BBQ Grilled Chicken Wings. It is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, and definitely would be a great addition to your picnic table.
- The Best Grilled Ribeye Steak Recipe. Our family are carnivores, so this recipe is something I know that everyone will eat!
- Easy Slow Cooker Sausage Sandwiches. These are favorites of ours, and since the slow cooker does all the work, it leaves you more free time to spend with family!
- Paleo Grilled Pork Chops. These make the perfect additions for your health conscious guests. Just looking at them is making my mouth water.
Salad Recipes For Labor Day:
You can’t think of Labor Day picnic recipes without discussing the salads. I am particular to macaroni salad, but my husband enjoys pasta salads. So here are some great recipes that I found.
- 5-Ingredient Pasta Salad. Tasty and simple, this recipe is sure to please any of your guests that enjoy pasta salad with their main dish.
- Elbow Macaroni Pasta Salad is exactly the kind that I enjoy. So I am sure you will too!
- Quick and Easy Mexican Bean Salad. The perfect salad to add a little zing to your picnic table.
- Bacon Coleslaw. This contains bacon, and that is all you need to know! What a great way to combine two favorites.
- Homemade Red Bliss Potato Salad Recipe. A simple and delicious way to make a Summer salad for your picnic.
Side Dish Recipes For Labor Day:
- Cornbread Casserole. Delicious and easy to transport, this makes a great side dish!
- Jazzed Up Baked Beans. Baked beans have always been a staple in any Labor Day picnic menu. Here is a great recipe for your table.
- Spicy Garlic Grilled Corn on the Cob. Here is a tasty take on a favorite side dish for any picnic. Be sure to check out more recipes from We’re Parents.
Dessert Recipes For Labor Day:
Okay, this section probably could go on and on and on and on. I went on Pinterest to find a few, and 2 hours later I still haven’t gotten this section completed. So, I am going to share just 5 of the ones that have caught my eye.
- Layered Berry Trifle. Pretty to look at, and even tastier to eat. This one is a sure winner!
- Vanilla Firecracker Cupcakes. These are perfect for the younger family members in attendance.
- Patriotic Jello Poke Cake. Easy to make and light & fluffy, it will be a hit at your picnic.
- Swirled Red, White, and Blue Cookie Bars. Another recipe that will satisfy the sweet tooth of everyone!
- Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake Salad. You absolutely cannot go wrong with anything that features cheesecake.
Adult Beverage Recipes:
And you can’t have a picnic without a few refreshing beverages. Here are some great Labor Day picnic drink recipes I found for the adults to enjoy.
- Red, White, and Blue Sangria. Sangria has always been a favorite of mine, so this recipe is perfect for this holiday celebration. Of course, I just had to include the picture for it!
- Rum Punch Recipe. Everyone knows how much I love Jamaica, so this recipe reminds me of the islands, even when I am celebrating at home!
- Guide To Choosing Healthy Beers. You can make sure you have the right beers for your guests that love their brews. Here is the 18 healthiest beers out there.
Mocktails For Labor Day Picnics:
- Captain America Mocktail. All your superhero fans will LOVE this!
- Sparkling Berry Punch Recipe. A fun and fizzy punch for your guests of all ages to enjoy.
- Kid-Friendly Patriotic Punch. Combines all the fun things for Summer into one delicious drink!
So these are just a few fabulous recipes to get you started on planning your Labor Day picnic recipes to make your holiday menu perfect. I had a great time gathering them all in one place, and I hope that you find them useful as well.