One of our favorite things to do while we are at the beach is to get up early and go hunting for shells. Or hermit crabs. Or whatever creepy crawlies my youngest finds on his trip. My IL’s go down with us, and it is a fun time by all. Partly because of scenery, mostly because of our time together, but also that my MIL prepares the perfect simple beachcombing bag.
Life is so crazy busy, that walking along the beach is the best way for our family to decompress. And you can’t walk along the beach without collecting seashells. Which is why this simple beachcombing bag is the perfect accessory for your early morning stroll.
Preparing A Simple Beachcombing Bag:
As you know, the beach has a lot of sand. It gets in your toes, your shoes, and everything else in between. But it is oh so much fun to feel the sand squishing between your toes. Here are a few things to pack in a sack(I just realized those rhymed. Totally unintentional) to make your beach trip fun and easy.
This is what you will need:
- Small purse or backpack. A drawstring bag works great when you have little ones.
- Two large ziplock bags. We bring them from home just for this purpose.
- 1 wet washcloth. We just grab one from our motel room or you can bring your own.
- 1 dry towel. Again, borrowed from our motel room. We have been going to the Le Voyageur Motel since 1998 and they know us well. Check with your accommodations to see if this is allowed.
- 2 plastic bags. We bring those from home as well when we are transporting our snacks for our trip.
- Your camera. A waterproof action camera works just as well. I finally got one this year, and I can’t wait to try it out!
- Water shoes or old sandals. I use the flip flops in my swimming bag.
Here is what you do with all your supplies:
Step 1: Before you go down to the beach, thoroughly wet one of the washcloths and place it in the first ziplock bag. Take the dry towel and fold it neatly in your pack(We use a small backpack). Keep the plastic bags, and second ziplock bag together.
Step 2: After you walk to the beach, take your sandals off and put them in the first plastic bag, and put them in the backpack. By doing this you prevent sand from getting all over your bag.
Step 3: Walk along the beach, find those shells and place them in the second plastic bag.
Step 4: Continue to stroll along the beach, enjoy the sand squishing between your toes and the sounds of the ocean and seagulls.
Step 5: Take lots of pictures. I am a notorious over picture-taker! Not apologizing for that since we get some great pictures and tons of memories.
Step 6: Return reluctantly back to the boardwalk.
Step 7: Take the wet washcloth and scrub your feet down. When everyone is done, put the washcloth back in the ziplock bag.
Step 8: Use the towel to dry your feet thoroughly, take out your shoes, and place the sand towel in the second plastic bag.
Step 9: Head back to your motel and get ready for breakfast. For us, it is generally stuffed french toast at Duffer’s! So it is well worth the hike back.
These are just some simple tips that work really well, and we have perfected them over the years. Well, my MIL did. She is such an awesome woman! So ready to see some of those awesome pictures? Well, here they are:
With a little bit of preparation, you can have an awesome beachcombing bag and make memories that will last a lifetime!
OTHER POSTS YOU WILL ENJOY:
- Easy Essentials Bag For A Night On The Boardwalk
- Unpacking From Vacation In 3 Simple Steps
- Packing Tips For Vacation To Have A Stress-Free Trip
- Family Fun At The Starlux Mini-Golf Attraction
What would you put in your simple beachcombing bag?
Tags : Wildwood NJ