October is here, and that means Fall holidays are upon us. As someone who likes to read, there are so many awesome books available to read to your kids. Today I am discussing Halloween board books for the youngest readers.
As many know, I love a lot of things about Fall. Except, maybe, Fall cleaning or getting dark early. The cooler temperatures at night make it awesome for cuddling and enjoying time with the family.
And of course, lots and lots of reading. I miss my boys being younger where I could read them some pumpkin picture books or books about apples. I love my job as a bookseller, as it allows me to read all these fun books to my storytime kids. So here are some of my favorite Halloween board books guaranteed to delight our littlest readers.
trekkingandtasting.com is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Read my full disclosure policy for more information.
Halloween Concept Board Books
Did you know you can do some learning while reading the board books? Such a spooky fun thought. Here are a couple that your child will enjoy.
- B is For Boo: A Halloween Alphabet by Greg Paprocki. A collection of twenty-six illustrations featuring Halloween-themed concepts, including imaginative costumes, oodles of treats, pumpkins galore, masks and monsters, and haunted houses.
- Halloween Bugs by David Carter. Behind each spooky door lurks a different Halloween pop-up surprise….Trick-or-treating becomes spine-tingling fun with the ghostly, ghouly Bugs inside!
- Peek-a-Boooo! by Sandra Magsamen. The peek-through mirror on every page is sure to entertain as they try on a wide variety of costumes and ultimately discover who is loved most of all!
- Spooky Faces by Make Believe Ideas. Join the lonely pumpkin as he searches for friends on Halloween!
- Boo! I See You! by Sarah Vince. It’s Halloween, and Meg is taking her little brother, Michael, on a trick-or-treating adventure. But, there’s just one problem–Michael is spooked by every noise, shadow, and trick-or-treater around! So, as they make their way down the street, Meg uses her flashlight to show him that things aren’t as scary as they seem.
Halloween Board Books From Favorite Characters
And, of course, some of our children’s favorite characters have books that any youngster will recognize and love. And, who am I kidding, you grown ups will love these too!
- Biscuit’s Pet & Play Halloween by Alyssa Satin Capucilli. This Halloween touch-and-feel book is a sweet way to introduce the holiday to little ones. Woof, woof!
- Disney Baby My First Halloween by Disney Book Group. Filled with seasonal fun for little ones, this engaging board book with touch-and-feel elements introduces Baby to all the wonderful delights of Halloween.
- Haunted Clubhouse by Disney Book Group. Its almost Halloween and Mickey and the gang are getting ready for their big Clubhouse Halloween party. But will they be able to turn the Clubhouse into the spookiest haunted house in time?
- Happy Halloween, Curious George by H.A. Rey. Halloween is here, and Curious George is getting ready for the big night. There are so many costumes to try on, treats to share, and games to play! George has so much Halloween fun picking out the perfect pumpkin, decorating his house, and celebrating with his friends that he’s not sure he’s ready for the day to end.
- Happy Halloween, Daniel Tiger by Angela Santomero. It’s Halloween in the Neighborhood of Make Believe, and Daniel Tiger and his friends can’t wait to celebrate! Come along with Daniel, Katerina Kittycat, Miss Elaina, O the Owl, and Prince Wednesday as they pick out their creative costumes and march in a Halloween parade!
- Dr. Seuss’s Spooky Things by Dr. Seuss. Little boys and ghouls will giggle with glee at this ever-so-slightly spooky board book starring Things One and Two dressing up in classic Halloween costumes–including ghosts, bats, skeletons, black cats, and pumpkins!
- Monster Trucks Halloween by Anika Denise. Ready, set, go! The monster truck race is on in this frightfully delightful picture book. On a spooky speedway, Monster Trucks moan! Monster Trucks grumble! Monster Trucks groan! Join Frankentruck, Zombie Truck, Ghost Truck, and more as they race to the finish line. But one of these trucks isn’t quite who you think.
Other Halloween Board Books Kids Will Enjoy
And here are a few more titles that will make your Halloween board books “must read” list. Fun, interactive, and cute to boot!
- Spooky Pookie by Sandra Boynton. It’s Halloween! What will little Pookie decide to be this year? Pookie tries on costumes one by one, but somehow can’t find just the right thing. The resolution to Pookie’s dilemma will delight toddlers and their caregivers alike.
- Click, Clack, Boo!: A Tricky Treat by Doreen Cronin. But do you think the barnyard animals have any respect for a man in footy pajamas? No, they do not. For them, the Halloween party has just begun. And we all know these critters far prefer tricks over treats.
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson. This rollicking, rhyming tale from master storyteller Julia Donaldson is the perfect Halloween read-aloud for the youngest listeners. A friendly witch, hungry dragon, and muddy monster learn about friendship, and readers will delight in the surprising (and not too scary) ending.
- This Little Pumpkin by Aly Fronis. The pumpkins are getting ready for their Halloween adventure! In this Halloween twist on “This Little Piggy,” these little pumpkins are enjoying fun fall activities! With pumpkins cuddling with bats, playing in the leaves, trying on hats, scaring mice, gobbling treats, and wishing readers a Happy Halloween, little readers will love this creative, flowing twist on a favorite classic nursery rhyme!
- Five Little Pumpkins on Halloween Night by Sandra Magsamen. Your little one will delight in this adorable, spooky, rhyming countdown! Discover how these little pumpkins celebrate Halloween in this new upright board book format from Sandra Magsamen
- It’s Pumpkin Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff. Mouse is excited for fall because that means it is time to decorate pumpkins! But one is missing. Where could it have gone?
- Goodnight Goon: A Petrifying Parody by Michael Rex. It’s bedtime in the cold gray tomb with a black lagoon, and two slimy claws, and a couple of jaws, and a skull and a shoe and a pot full of goo. But as a little werewolf settles down, in comes the Goon determined at all costs to run amok and not let any monster have his rest.
- Happy Halloween, Little Baby! by Rosa VonFeder. Bring up Halloween memories and make new ones with this special holiday book.
- Little Cat: Finger Puppet Book by Chronicle Books. Watch Little Cat get spooked by a friend’s silly disguise, then curl up at home with her Halloween treats. Featuring a plush finger puppet permanently attached to the book and peek-a-boo holes in every page.
I love all the great titles that I have shared with you. I love that these books are a great alternative to having candy in your little ones trick or treat bag. The memories will last much longer than the chocolate and no cavities or stomachaches are involved.
Fun Halloween Items For The Entire Family
Other Posts You Will Enjoy
- Easy Fall Outdoor Cleaning Checklist
- Caramel Apple Cider Float
- Fall-Themed Gift Basket
- Fall Kitchen Cleaning & Organizing