Today is our 23rd wedding anniversary. We should be sitting on the beach at Sandals Montego Bay, sipping cool beverages and relaxing in the warm sun. Well, the world had other ideas, so we are at home instead. Sad, but necessary.
I know that everyone is so sick about hearing about COVID-19. This virus has cause complete and utter chaos around the world. I am so disheartened that people are not taking this seriously and continue to defy stay-at-home orders. Or call it a hoax. Yes it is hard, especially if you are self-employed. But if we don’t do this right the first time, we are just going to have to do it ALL over again.
Enough of that.
As I was saying, our anniversary is today. I can’t believe it is 23 years. It seems like it was just at 20 years. We were in Jamaica, and renewed our wedding vows. I loved that ceremony so much.
Don’t get me wrong, our original wedding ceremony was beautiful and amazing. But that was back before life “got real”. We have been through all kinds of crazy things together. Good, bad, light, dark, happy, sad.
But there we were, standing together and saying that despite all of the madness, we still loved each other more than anything. He has always been my best friend, who loved me for the mess that I am, that stood by me when others gave up.
So even though we aren’t celebrating our anniversary in Jamaica, we are still together. With everything going on, I actually have no problem staying home and being together.
So today will consist of:
- Taking a nap
- Watching TV or a movie
- Ordering curbside from a local restaurant
- Probably another nap
- More TV
- And who can forget snuggle time
But we are really going to miss that view. We did schedule our trip for later this year, and I am really hoping that it happens. To be honest, I am not sure it will, and I am prepared to be sad & disappointed again.
Ok, enough of the sad, and let’s have a little bit of fun.
Here are some reasons why I love my husband so much:
- He has such an enthusiasm when it comes to sports. Well, sometimes it can go a bit overboard.
- He is so cute when he listens to his music and sings out loud.
- He is dedicated to his work.
- He makes killer scrambled eggs and is a master at making the bacon.
- He is always willing to help out.
- He puts up with me, lol.
- He can make me laugh no matter how grumpy I am.
- He is understanding and supporting of my blogging.
- He remains a kid at heart, especially when we are playing video games.
- He knows how to pick out the perfect greeting card(even when he says he hates it).
- He indulges me when it comes to my new obsession with going to Sandals every year.
- He would do anything to protect our family.
- He still loves me after all these years.
I could keep going on and on, but you might fall asleep by the time I am finished. So just know, there is no one I would rather be with.
So there you have it, the anniversary edition. Leave a comment below and let me know how you spend your anniversary if you aren’t traveling.
Until next time, stay safe!