One of the things we do when we are on our Wildwood vacation is to walk on the Boardwalk. Multiple times. Each and every day. So it is always important to have what you need in case of, well, anything! I have tried many things over the years, and I found the most needed things you need to create and essentials bag for a night(and morning and afternoon, too!) on the Boardwalk.
I discovered what things work and don’t work through trial and error. The first error is what type of bag you use to carry everything in. Until recently, I used a fanny pack to carry all my stuff in. *GASP* What was I thinking? This year I had to rethink what bag I was going to use because my new camera was so much large and would not fit into the fanny pack(yeah for the new camera!!) It is ironic that I had the Coach swing pack I won during a night at Gateway 26 just sitting in my closet. Perfect!
Essentials Bag For A Night Out:
So the first thing I needed to do was have a RFID Blocking Case to keep my money, debit card, insurance cards, and the frequent player cards I have for Gateway 26 and Olympic Casino. I found this purple jeweled case was the perfect thing. They no longer make this particular one, but if you search on Amazon.com, you can find similar items.
Once I had that taken care of, I needed to start adding some needed items. Some of the first things I added were some cleaning items. Those included:
- Personal wipes(for those bathrooms that don’t have toilet paper or you can’t find the end of the roll).
- Hand sanitizer. Both wipes and a bottle. If you lose one, you have a back up. A lot of times, public restrooms on the Boardwalk run out very quickly, so now you are prepared for clean and healthy hands.
- Tide Stick. I guess this one is self-explanatory. Both my boys are slops when it comes to eating ice cream, so the Tide Stick saves you from having set in stains on your clothing.
- I also have feminine hygiene products, just in case they are needed.
Next we have a few needed medical items:
- Advil or other pain reliever of your choice. This is great to have on hand if you got a little too much sun and ache a bit from the sunburn.
- My husband’s migraine medication. If you have medication you use, you can keep it with you in a travel container.
- Sunscreen. For face and lips. Having it on hand makes it easier to reapply. Which we all know how important that is.
- Bandaids(not shown).
So these are the most common things you can put in your essentials bag for a night out. What is great about this bag is you can customize it to the needs of you and your family. And really, this bag can be used for any occasion, not just on the Boardwalk.
SHOP THIS POST:
OTHER POSTS YOU WILL ENJOY:
- Making Your Home Energy-Efficient When Traveling
- Must-Have Items For The Inexperienced Traveler
- Traveling With Extended Family Deepens Vacation Memories
- Easy Ways To Save Money On Meals While You Are On Vacation