Do you have your passport ready? Is you itinerary in your hand? I am sure the excitement is amazing. So now what? I am so glad you asked. Thank you for visiting my blog, Trekking and Tasting. I am ready to help you have the best trip possible!
My name is Jennifer, and I am a travel blogger(not a travel agent) that is turning my love of travel and food into a blog that I am using to help others nurture their love as well. So sit back, and take a few minutes to learn about Jennifer.
So here’s me:
This is the love of my life and my inspiration. We recently celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. I love him more now than the day we were married, and he is the reason why I am able to blog today. He is my unofficial proofreader, as is my oldest son. What would I do without them?
But really, who am I? Well, for instance, I am:
- A wife and mother first. Married since 1997 and the Mom to two teen boys.
- A lifestyle blogger since before 2011. Remember Xanga? I started out there before eventually moving to self-hosted. Now I am niching down to concentrate on two of my favorite things. Well after my family, of course. I love how I can incorporate them in my blogging life
- A FT bookseller. I specialize in children’s books, and it is truly my calling when I am not with my family or traveling.
- The wrangler of 2 four-legged family members. A family just isn’t a family without tons of cat hair. I am excited to help you prepare your pets when you are ready to travel.
Some other things you need to know about me:
- I love my coffee, espresso, and espresso in my coffee. Ever since I got my Keurig in 2012, I have been completely hooked on anything coffee. I love bold roasts, brew-over-ice, and even a good hot chocolate.
- Speaking of chocolate, it is one of my favorite foods. You want to get on my good side? Bring me chocolate! If you really want to be on my favorites list, then bring coffee and chocolate!
- I love reading. If I am not out running my kids to their various activities or doing housework, you will find me glued to the sofa with a book in my hand. I have a love of all genres, from kids books to the quintessential chick fiction novel.
- I love to travel with my family, and have enjoyed doing reviews on my blog and Trip Advisor as well. Check me out, I’d love to talk about the places I’ve been, or places I want to go.
- A long time ago, I used to be a RN. Gave it up to be able to be home with my family more, and I have never regretted it.
- Jeans and sweatshirts are my uniform of choice. Unless it’s Summer, then it’s shorts and bare feet!
To nurture your interest in travel and, of course, travel eating! From simple hacks to shopping lists, and everything in between. Trekking and Tasting is here for you!
Like what you see on Trekking and Tasting? See how you can work with me, and what I can do for you.