Do you feel like you are always on the run? Feel like your house is a mess? I think we all have been there. Here’s the thing, you can make your house neat and tidy in just a matter of minutes. How you ask? Check out these 5 minute homemaking tasks that can make a huge difference.
Since both my husband and I work, homemaking tasks aren’t always the priority. We often come home from work completely drained and just want to spend time relaxing together on the couch. Trouble is, the house looks like a complete disaster. Not exactly the front you want to show when company shows up expectantly.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on my link and buy something, I will earn a small commission from the advertiser at no additional cost to you. Need more info? Here is my affiliate policy you can read.
What Can I Do In My Kitchen In Only 5 Minutes
Did you know that these 5 minute homemaking tasks in the kitchen can go a long way to keeping things organized? Doing a few everyday before or after work can make a HUGE difference.
- Clean and wipe down the kitchen table. Includes chairs and table legs
- Wipe out 1 shelf in the fridge and throw away expired food
- Sort through the mail
- Straighten your pantry area and make a note about what needs replacing
- Check the freezer for outdated food and toss
- Wipe down the outside of your garbage can with a Lysol wipe
5 Minute Homemaking Tasks In The Living Room
Do you consider your living/family room the heart of your home? We do, because it is our main living area. Here are a few 5 minute tasks you can do when you get home, before starting dinner, or after the kids have gone to bed.
- Grab the Pledge, and dust the tops of surfaces
- Windex your TV screen
- Put away shoes
- Pick up and recycle newspaper
- If you still have young kids(both of ours are in college now),toss toys into a wash basket. Tell kids if they are not put away in 5 minutes, they go in time out
Can I Really Organize My Bathroom In Just 5 Minutes?
Believe it or not, you really can. By keeping it organized, you will actually spend less time cleaning it. I forget about that, until I get back into the habit. Trust me, you will be glad you did these 5 minute homemaking tasks in the bathrooms.
- Put away all the bathroom stuff on top of the sink
- Fill hand soap, check toilet paper supplies, and run toothbrushes under really hot water
- Pick out the hair in your brushes
- Swipe the area around the toilet with a Lysol Wipe
There Is No Way I Can Organize My Office Areas In Just 5 Minutes!
Think again. Decluttering your office for 5 minutes everyday can lead to a more efficient office area. If you work from home or have limited time in your home office, these tasks can be a time & energy saver!
- Check bills and write checks
- Throw away junk mail
- Wipe down computer, printer, and other computer equipment
5 Minute Homemaking Tips You Can Do Outside
Last, but certainly not least, there are 5 minute homemaking tasks you can do outside to make your home more welcoming. Some of these tips are great after a day at work to just decompress and relax so your concentration is on your family, instead of worrying what you have to get done.
- Wipe down your front door and shake out the welcome mat
- Pull weeds along your front walk
- Windex windows
- Check for pest nests and spray as needed
So these are just a few things that can be accomplished in just 5 minutes. You don’t need to do them all at the same time. Done throughout the day, they can make things less overwhelming and you feel like you have accomplished a lot!
More Homemaking Posts For You To Enjoy
- 5 Pre-Spring Activities You Can Do On A Snow Day
- How To Create A Family Emergency Plan
- How To Declutter A Room In One Day
- 5 Ways To Spruce Up To Prepare For Spring
Tools To Assist In Your Homemaking Tasks
trekkingandtasting.com is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases you make, using these links does not cost you more!
- Storage Basket With Handles
- Plastic Portable Organizer Caddy
- Wicker Laundry Basket With Handles
- Large Capacity Clothing Storage